Emily Tilden-Smith is a litigator and investigator specialising in cross border regulatory investigations and complex commercial litigation. She has particular expertise in fraud and white collar crime cases and has also spent time on secondment to a financial services regulator in its regulatory action division.
Alongside her contentious practice, Emily delivers compliance related legal advice to multinationals operating across a range of industries including Consumer & Luxury Goods.
Emily chaired a panel at the recent Sarabande (the Lee Alexander McQueen Foundation) event on transparency in the fashion industry.
Representative matters include:
* Acting for a listed company in the High Court in relation to a multi-million pound fraud perpetrated by its senior director;
* Advising a global social media company on regulatory framework applicable to information management and monetisation – balancing human rights, data privacy and competition considerations;
* Litigating strategic challenges to legislation and regulatory decisions before the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court;
* Working with a cross departmental team to advise a global financial institution on a series of multi-jurisdictional investigations for the purposes of a compliance review;
* Advising numerous clients on white collar crime related matters and contractual disputes.